Saturday, October 30, 2010

Robotic

I am in between everybody
being introduced to nobody.
Busy waiting for somebody
Who could really be anybody.

Robotic I go through the motions
Suppressing uninvited emotions
In a puddle I sit with the notion
That I want something more like the ocean

Cause you're all so very familiar
I'm just the kid who's much sillier
My attention nothing but peculiar
Persuading myself it's not just really her

Goodbye and then switch to hey there, hello
to other people who just don't care, it blows.
I'm not Fort Minor, pondering where'd you go?
I'm Immortal Technique and I'm prepared to show

The truth about a system as I strongly believe
say it to myself and you and wait for me to receive.
Trapped I wait here imagining freedom to leave
If I could leave then I'd be less easily deceived

A robot who seems to always be testing wrong
But instead of pushing my off button pressing on
In confusion arguing my case I'm a testy con
and though I'm weak there's still God that I'm resting on.

1 comment:

  1. Are these written to be rapped? Or is it just in my head? 'Cause if I had the moves and the beat I'd be jammin' to some pretty great lyrics.
    -Buschy

    ReplyDelete