Thursday, September 9, 2010

Necks Gets Stronger the Longer They Hang

Hello pitiful. What's it gonna be?
Go ahead. Try. You'll fail to finish me.
Tie that noose tighter and find a better lure.
Suspend me by my neck and I'll still endure.
I'll flop for awhile. You'll smile with glee.
Till he cuts my rope and says "Go. You're free."
Then I'll embrace the ground and take a deep breath.
Did you really think you could entice me with death?
I'll take off that bag that you put on top of me.
and waste no time tossing it. I want it off of me.
I'll crawl from the dirt as I move from you noose.
You'll angrily stand there because I was cut loose.
I'm rubbing my neck. It's my most vulnerable part.
Really you're actually trying to damage my heart.
Will you ever realize that I'm simply not alone?
No. You'll just place before me another stone.
If I don't see it I'll trip and land in your rope.
The bitch for you is that I'll never lose hope.
Even if it takes awhile, you'l never see me die.
I hate you because while I'm choking you lie.
I'll struggle until it dawns on me that I should cry out.
And help will come. That's something even you don't doubt.
My help will look me in the eyes, and as a friend will say,
"I'm going to cut the rope, and you're gonna be okay."
So maybe step it up a notch. And get a bit more clever,
Because even through your deceit I'll endure forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment