Thursday, July 8, 2010

Civil wars aren't pretty.

Listen. He's gonna spit from the stereo.
His words are a gift, you can't tell me no.
His talent cuts the air, sounds insane, obscene.
Without a care, yet he cares, he's not gonna be clean.
You want to say he's nothing? You could tell yourself no.
You want me to to disapprove? You told me "go"

I want to hear it. I'll play it by the hour.
I'll bring you near it. You go take a shower.
You serious now? I almost want to show it off.
Can you talk now? Naw you'll just blow them off.
I don't need you to clear it. You can't see why it has power.
I won't steer clear of it. I'll enjoy while you cower.

Convert me? Make me nice? "Come on give give this a try
you're gonna pay the price, you're filling up with a lie"
Your fluffy rhyme isn't good. It doesn't make sense.
Throw it away? Sure I could. Or I could build this fence.
Where's the agenda? I sit here. Wonder why.
Put in some more splenda. Let's see if it'll buy.
He'll say "I'm not cool but that's okay"
No it's not. You're totally gay.

You think I'm crazy. I tell you I'm fine.
I think it's hazy. You're seeing a line.
You dislike my taste, but you're against me too.
You say it's just a waste. I'm gonna snap. I'm through.
If you knew what I could say. I hear things like these voices.
But our abilities don't define us, just our choices.

Maybe if they get in my face. Maybe then it's cool.
But he's a rapper from Point of Grace. He's an idiot. What a fool.
You don't get my rage. You don't see my hate.
Have fun in that cage, your leash doesn't rate.
Preach to me. Get in my face. Look, a christian duel.
These words are pointless, a waste. You're the one who's cruel.

No comments:

Post a Comment