Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ignorance Isn't Bliss, Cause Ignorance is Me.

Do you ever know what's gonna happen,
Before it ever comes rollin' around?
Do you know the twigs will be snappin'
While unsure if you'll hear the sound?
Do you know the bird will be flappin'
But can't imagine it leaving the ground?

I know what is going to take place.
I know the basics, the outline, and the cast.
I know all of it is just grace,
and it's been given to me so fast.
Everything, every experience I face,
Has been a part of your loving blast.

As I ponder it now, it makes me sober.
Cause I have no skill, no power at all.
Eighteen years ago, some average october,
I was created, unwasted and small.
Now I look back, and I'm not that much older,
But I know I've had more than enough time.
And though I'm in a field of three leaf clover,
You pick out the one with four and let it be mine.

So here I am. This is me saying thanks.
This is me not measuring up.
I'm standing here, just firing blanks,
But I'm watching you light it up.

All I know is the future shouldn't scare me.
But I'm human, I'm dumb, and I'm frightened.
But I'm thanking you now, for carrying me.
My grip upon you has been tightened.

No comments:

Post a Comment