Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Someday we'll laugh about this. We already do.

These words I write, are now etched in my thoughtstream.
They wrestle in my brain, and break through my head.
If I had known in the height of the loyalness of my dream
That I was making my chain, which would soon be broken instead
I never would have tried. I'd have run towards something else.
Possibly the likeness of a time machine, instead of a dusty, cracked door.
I still would have tried, but I'd have been assisting myself
Changing the focus of my dream, doing less, and helping us both more.

I know that you'll sleep well tonight.
I know you will, cause I've been annoying you.
I know you will, cause you looked different.
Those moments come when a spark makes a light
But they don't come from anything I can do.
So I'll wait for them, savor them, cause I can't create them.

Every time I touch this pen to this paper
It scares me, so I write about my fear.
We go from our thoughts to the reality of our capers
But I'm nervous. Somehow my actions and thoughts aren't clear.

I'm solving so many mysteries. Some about life, and some about you.
I guess you're a part of life, but I also think you're maybe something else.
It only half makes sense to me, but the answers are coming through.
I usually ignore it, yet it brings strife, but I guess I can't know anything else.
Neither of us can. Is that what's so scary?
I think that it's part of it, along with aftershocks of the past
I'm doing what I can. Theres some things I decided to bury
Cause you were the only part of it, those actions couldn't last.

The fact is they weren't me. They felt foreign and strange.
It was a fight for my pride, as you helped to from me take it
But I can once again see. Once again I have range.
We both know we won't die. I guess we'll see how we make it.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know man. but you write some seriously amazing things. I love reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. maybe ill explain it sometime sue.
    thanks. you're the bees knees.

    ReplyDelete