Sunday, July 18, 2010

Without Brains, But Thinking

Let's take a walk and just go for 10 miles
Maybe stand out in the snow while it piles
In my mind with someone crazy like myself
Someone not stupid but not a dusty shelf

But that might be pride. I don't know if that's true.
I know I'm right, but I'm also wrong too.
I know sometimes I've become a fool for you.
I say "you" so specific, like it's just about you.
Right now you is nothing except something soon new.
You aren't stupid, but dumb enough that I'm through,
Without anything I find myself again blue
But I was blue when I created you too
So now I know what I now need to do.
But knowers and believers aren't always one crew
Sometimes I feel like I never really grew.

Maybe that's humility, finally kicking in
Flipping off the pride that's infesting within
I know enough and battled enough sin,
That I must be as mature as some of these other men,
But what's gonna happen when it nails me again
When both thoughts and reality create a dungeon
And then I painfully climb back up from the den
Yet I'm not really climbing. He's just reeling me in.

So hello everybody. This is me without the fake smile
This is the me leaving me there for awhile
But probably not forever. At least not yet.
I know I'm so weak that I just might forget.

1 comment: