Friday, July 23, 2010

The Fear of Tomorrow. The Today of Today.

I don't think it's that it's that insane.
I think it's too much for my unexerted brain.
I see what would be the smartest to gain,
I think I've got it, and then I lose my structure.
Lose it? Who am I kidding. I never had structure.
In the back of my head all I want is to hug her.

In the past week she took my hot air balloon,
Within a conversation took it, and gave it a puncture.
Now that I've stopped shooting for it, I may be handed the moon.
Even though I'm not so now, cause of my broken balloon
But the balloon was so boring it had to die soon
Now I'm scared. I just might become your buffoon.
What if I dive in, and then you change your tune?

If only this was a switch. It turn it on on my own,
Instead of looking up from the ground to another surprise dune.
I was just going for a hike and wish that hill wasn't shown.
Either theres a spring on the other side, or I hang up the phone.
When we look back, I wonder if things will have grown.

I wonder if you're simply being used to chisel me
If you're a part of everything else, or if you stand alone.
Everything else is being used to set me free.
I know it's not a form of abuse, but skills I need to hone.
So I find myself driving, I see what I want to see,
I go where I want to go, until I hit your traffic cone.
So now I'm just striving. I'm not gonna flee.

I'm gonna stare everything in the face.
I'll stay rooted here while I move from this place.
Staying calm, as I run faster in this race.
Seeing you swing that chain, wondering "What's the case?"
Cause though I see the chain, I know nothing about the mace.
So I hope you look carefully. I hope you'll find the trace.
Then I'll see firsthand that the effort wasn't a waste.
Though I don't need it, cause it's not you. He's the one I chase.

No comments:

Post a Comment