Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fighting Fire By Ignoring It

Things have changed. They always do.
If I went back east they'd see me as wrong,
A little deranged without a clue
We had arguments there all along.
Slowly finding judgment, strong and new.
For once I hold my tongue, maybe skip the song.

Currently I'm west, cause the east tried to steal it.
Steal what? My freedom. So we parted ways.
I thought coming back would hopefully heal it.
Naturally, there's just some more eyebrows i raise.
I feel uncomfortable. Do they too feel it?
Am I right in sensing their internal gaze?

Or maybe it's me, and the knowledge of who I am,
When neither east or west know the half.
My river's nice and flowing, they want to build a dam.
What is their problem? They don't know if they're right.
I'm laughing. They're confronting. I don't give a damn.
Although the mood in here is getting a little tight.
It's hard to explain. I wouldn't call it a scam.
But the strategy? I'll be honest I don't think it's right.
So they're coming to my castle with a battering ram.
But they just can't find the castle in the dead of the night.

So now I'm different, but I remember myself there.
They'll probably try to save me. I don't really care.
I know Im saved. I see my savior everywhere.
I know that someday there is heaven we'll share.
I also know that I've changed very much.
I'm different, but his love is still filling me up.
I'm sorry if Starsky doesn't recognize Hutch,
But I'm tired and different, and now I'll shut up.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you are you no matter what. You are easy to love Ry, and even easier to respect.

    ReplyDelete