Monday, August 16, 2010

I Lose. But you sure haven't won.

I don't really know what I can say right now,
So I guess we'll see, cause I'm just blurting it out.
I'm processing your voice. I just heard the sound,
Because tonight you weren't hurting, yet still going without.
Your tears are somewhere, becoming one with the ground.
This weekend they were sparkles on your face
My eyes were dry then, but it's hard to help it now.
Because now I can go anywhere, anywhere but your place.

Oh look, a slideshow, can you see it too?
Of course you can't. You have one of your own.
What I would like to know is if you're watching yours too,
Or if you were as calm as you were on the phone.
It's ironic, a conversation, you first say hi,
and then everything you say leads to a goodbye.
In my head I'm finding the answer. The question is why.
After all of this, was it actually worth the try?
I almost hate myself, cause I actually think it was.
Cause the fact of the matter is, I only felt a buzz.
I wanted more. I wanted to get wasted on you.
The fact is we're so close. The fact is we're through.
The fact is this time, I think it's fully gone to stay,
But then I can't help but wonder, has it truly gone away?

No comments:

Post a Comment