Monday, August 9, 2010

Comedians of Here


We're all staring at the stage,
Sitting before the screen
To watch him act a younger age,
To see him create another scene.
He has such a natural gift, one that I can't gain
He gives the mood a lift. I think he has us all trained.
Hourly I laugh at the antics.
Daily to him they're a bore.
His effortless humor and romantics,
What the hell is he doing it for?
He's already hitched, with the perfect life,
But his life's a bitch, and he just can't die.
Cause he's already dead and can't see who's alive.
And though so many of us love him, maybe even you,
The fact is someday his time will also be due.
The knife of his funny life is running him through.

He's impacted heaven's footrest.
Yeah, he's accustomed to fame.
Inside and out he's an utter mess.
If only he knew there are rules to this game.
That in giving this joy to everyone else,
It doesn't matter if it's for yourself.
There is so much blackness approaching fast,
Humor is something that will forever last,
It'll last and keep going, and he'll stay there,
Sure he mastered it, and it got him where?
It's gotten him nowhere past a rest for feet.
Literally less, with an expired receipt.

He'll repeat in the heat of the friends he will meet,
I won bet I've not met but who cannot forget,
I'll see him go, but I don't want to see him leave.
More than a guess a treasure chest open and the rest is me blessed.
Kicking and screaming will have a new meaning.
He leaves all beaming but he's too late for cleaning.

That's when I'll miss him in the newsroom,
Or see him streaking on the racetrack,
Or that one scene where he crashed the bride and groom,
Or as a cop whose angry partner had his back.
How about clubbing, wondering what love is.
Maybe going back to prehistoric times.
Or as a novel character finding out who he is.
Or two forty year olds with similar clashing lives.
Is this list all that They'll be?
Nothing more than a hilarious elf?
Or the captain of a team in Flint city.
Enjoy it, as I will myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment